tenbrooks-banjos-inlays-1600x900
Official Deering Banjos Blog

Hooks & Nuts

Browse by Topic

See All
Oct 19.2018

How To Wear Banjo Picks

It might seem like a silly question to someone who has played the banjo before, but almost every time I give banjo picks to someone who has never played...

Topic Post : 5 string banjo

How To Begin Playing 3-Finger Banjo - Lesson 2

You've practiced for a week, and now it's time to add your left hand!

Feb 26.2015

Is One Banjo Style More Difficult than Another?

We are asked regularly, is Bluegrass style finger picking more difficult than Clawhammer?  Is Clawhammer more difficult than finger picking? Is...

New Music Monday: Featuring Scythian!

New Music Monday! Bringing you Scythian who never fail to get their audience dancing! From their upcoming album "Jump at The Sun" this song is titled Caeli...

May 3.2013
Apr 15.2013

Strum Fun On the 5-String Banjo

There is great joy in playing the 5-string banjo! Many people have pre-conceived notions that you have to do some fancy fingerpicking to play the 5-string...

Mar 20.2013

Did You Know Banjos Kill Zombies?

Inspired by the movie “Zombieland” featuring Woody Harrelson whose character at one point uses a banjo to fight off Zombies, Greg Deering created the latest...

Feb 25.2013

Learning Dueling Banjos Isn't Just For the Advanced Player

Learning anything new can be a challenge. In the past I have approached most new songs with excitement and a good dose of trepidation! After all, my  banjos...

Nov 20.2012

A Time For Inspiration

Carolina Bridges
Nov 2.2012

Free Extra Month of Banjo Lessons with Tony Trischka

To celebrate their third anniversary the Tony Trischka School of Banjo is offering Deering supporters a free extra month of banjo lessons.  Tony's...

How Banjos Work

For a musician, the banjo offers acoustic power, super responsiveness to any kind of touch, brightness that can cut through the sound of an ensemble, warmth...

Deering Rustic Wreath banjo ad
Introducing the New Goodtime Artisan Banjos