tenbrooks-banjos-inlays-1600x900
Official Deering Banjos Blog

Hooks & Nuts

Browse by Topic

See All
Feb 22.2024

Getting Better Tone

“Banjokid” writes:Can you explain how to get a better tone? Whenever I play, I don’t get the right tone. Could you help me on this subject?

Well, Banjokid,...

Topic Post : 5 string banjo

New Music Monday: Featuring Scythian!

New Music Monday! Bringing you Scythian who never fail to get their audience dancing! From their upcoming album "Jump at The Sun" this song is titled Caeli...

May 3.2013
Apr 15.2013

Strum Fun On the 5-String Banjo

There is great joy in playing the 5-string banjo! Many people have pre-conceived notions that you have to do some fancy fingerpicking to play the 5-string...

Mar 20.2013

Did You Know Banjos Kill Zombies?

Inspired by the movie “Zombieland” featuring Woody Harrelson whose character at one point uses a banjo to fight off Zombies, Greg Deering created the latest...

Feb 25.2013

Learning Dueling Banjos Isn't Just For the Advanced Player

Learning anything new can be a challenge. In the past I have approached most new songs with excitement and a good dose of trepidation! After all, my banjos...

Sep 12.2012

2012 IBMA Award Nominees

The 2012 IBMA Award Nominations have been announced and Deering Artists are again represented very well. The Deering Artists that have been nominated include...

Jul 11.2012

Eddie and Martha Adcock Tour Europe with Classic Goodtime 2 Banjo!

Hall of Fame member, Eddie Adcock and his wife Martha recently toured Germany and the Czech Republic with a Classic Goodtime 2 banjo for his performing...

Jun 12.2012

New York Banjo Summit to Feature Bela Fleck, Tony Trischka, and more!

New York Banjo Summit to Feature Bela Fleck, Tony Trischka, Bill Keith, Eric Weisberg, Richie Stearns, Pete Wernick, Noam Pikelny, and Mac Benford

Many of the...

Jun 7.2012

It's OK to Strum the 5-String Banjo

It's OK to Strum the 5-String Banjo
May 17.2012

Doug Dillard 1937-2012

Missouri-born Doug Dillard was best known to most of us for his TV performance as one of “The Darlings” on the famed “The Andy Griffith Show” from 1963-1966....
Kristin Scott Benson chooses the Deering Golden Series banjos
New call-to-action

Archives

see all