Continuing with the spirit of giving to the communities welcoming them, Mumford & Sons and Deering Banjos bring you the European Charity Banjos! A Custom one-of-a-kind banjo was made for each country the band is visiting on their May tour. Countries including: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Holland, and Belgium.
These unique banjos are being auctioned off on eBay, with proceeds going to meaningful human needs charities local to the areas they are playing. These address areas such as homelessness, children in need, food to the hungry, elderly care and much more. The full list of charities is below.
From the coloring of the inlays and metal plating, chosen based on the individual country colors; to the country shape and name branded into the peghead, these banjos represents the countries they were made for beautifully!
The European Charity Banjos are modeled after Deering Banjo’s newly released Artisan Goodtime Banjo line, each hand-crafted with pearloid scroll inlays set into a Midnight Maple Fingerboard. The drum head of the banjo, made by Remo Drums, bears the Mumford & Sons Wings logo of their 2016 tour and is personally signed by each member of the band!
These are the worthy charities throughout Europe benefiting from each Mumford & Sons European Charity Banjo Auction:
- Finland: The Federation of Mother and Child Homes and Shelters May 7th - 17th
- Sweden: Stockholm City Mission May 9th - 19th
- Norway: Fattighuset (The Poverty House) in Oslo May 10th - 20th
- Denmark: WeShelter May 12th - 22nd
- Germany: Hamburger Tafel May 13th - 23rd
- Switzerland: TIXI Zurich May 16th - 26th
- Austria: Hilfswerk May 19th - 29th
- Czech Republic: The International Women’s Association of Prague May 20th - 30th
- France: Friends of Fondation de France May 22nd - June 1st
- Holland: Rainbow Group May 23rd - June 2nd
- Belgium: Serve the City May 24th - June 3rd