Auction of Mumford and Sons Gentlemen of the Road Banjos
The Deering Banjo Company raised $25,777.68 for charity this summer through the auctioning off of one of a kind Deering Goodtime Gentlemen of the Road banjos signed by Mumford and Sons. A different banjo was made for each Gentlemen of the Road Stopover date, 5 total, bearing the location’s name as well as signatures from all four members of the band. The money from each auction was donated to a local charity, hand picked by the band for each concert location - Lewes, UK; Simcoe, Canada; Troy, OH; Guthrie, OK; and St. Augustine, FL.
The charities that were donated to were as follows:
- The Oyster Project - Lewes, UK
- Norfolk Association for Community Living - Simcoe, Canada
- Corner Cupboard Charities of Greater Dayton, Inc. - Dayton, OH
- Logan Community Services - Guthrie, OK
- Communities In Schools of St. John’s County - St. Augustine, FL
Throughout the summer, the Deering Banjo Bus has been traveling across the country to all of these events and giving free banjo lessons. Currently the #BanjoBus is in Raleigh, NC for the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) annual conference and awards show.